No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Labels  (Read 2434 times)

Offline 2*pleese*u

• Members
Murano Labels
« on: July 17, 2010, 10:31:45 PM »
I am new to this site and am trying to research a murano label I have on what I think is a murano glass item. It is quite irregular shaped. All the ink is gone on a silver foil it appears to have the outline of a house peaked roof on the left side of the sticker. what ink was there is blue. the item is a clear glass fish with a very simplistic streamlined look with a tail curled (no definition to the tail fin but just pointed) and it is sitting on a one curl wave crest which terminates at the very bottom of the base in a smooth triangular form. I will try to have pics of it tomorrow. I have used the web to try to find all and any Murano labels I could find. I think I have gone though all of them. any other ideas on more sources to look? Thanks! Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Murano Labels
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 12:26:59 AM »
Michael:

Welcome to the Board. The only label I can think of that's remotely similar is the Fratelli Toso import label for the US, where there are houses on the right. Here's a copy of a faded one. Any similarity?

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline 2*pleese*u

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
Hey, Thanks for your taking the time and effort! That Is not the one but I have since looked at the label and it may, believe it or not be a mexican made item! Just great! I will post a picture of the fish and label tomorrow evening ish! Thanks Michael.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 01:38:41 AM »
Have a mooch through our labels albums here for a match:
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/index.php?cat=6
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia