No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Murano Apple W/Label  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Large Murano Apple W/Label
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:46:58 PM »
I've had a few sets of these before, however this one is much larger than normal which usually run 3" in diameter while this one has a 5" diameter & the core color is a bit strange almost like solid Czech Malachite with gold running through it. Whats left of an old paper label simply say Genuine Murano Glass & the word IMPORT in caps running through the blue bar on the label. Picked it up because the core color is one I haven't seen before. About twice the weight of any I've had. Any chance of a particular attribution due to the oddball color? Thanks, Ken

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Large Murano Apple W/Label
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 01:26:12 AM »
It looks like a Decora Import label. From the scraps of information I've gathered, Decora was in NY and handled AVeM imports. I don't know if they handled imports from any other Murano companies. Your apple is most likely AVeM if it is a Decora label.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Large Murano Apple W/Label
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
Anita sorry for the delay in answering & thanks for the info. Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia