Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > China & Taiwan

is this vase murano?

(1/4) > >>

tonyatl:
i have a lovely glass vase which evokes an identification with murano but is this indeed correct? there are very small pinpoint indentations in the smooth surface suggestive of handling tools - or perhaps they are due to something else. any ideas on age. it stands about 11". nice thick walls.

langhaugh:
Doesn't look Murano to me. The base looks unpolished, is that correct?  My first guess would be Chinese. Of course, I could be wrong, again.

David

tonyatl:
the base is polished....i know the chinese are producing tons of "art glass" and this may well be an example but it is certainly not a chinese style...

antiquerose123:
Kinda looks  :or: to me too -- not that I really know much, but it just does not look as fine of work as Murano would be...

:ooh: 

tonyatl:
after considering the matter further, i think that chinese is probably correct. my understanding is that murano glass would not have those pinpoint indentations which i mentioned. also there are some bubbles. for some reason i still like it...

on the other hand, i have had some known authentic murano glass in the past and it was not all that impressive - nice - but not impressive. obviously i didn't own any high end murano glass.  :cry:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version