No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Orange vase - mystery maybe solved - Made in Italy  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Alsretro

• Members
    • Scotland
    • My Ebay items
Large Orange vase - mystery maybe solved - Made in Italy
« on: July 28, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »
I have been trying to find a thread on a vase the same as the one shown on the right in picture 1. I seem to remember the owner of that pale orange one was advised that a few had turned up over the years and some people thought it may be Sklo Union. Having had one the same as that for around four years, today I acquired its cousin, a deeper more reddish orange. Both vases are the same width (around 20cm) and height (30cm) and very similar weight - just a 20g difference at around 2.7kg. The bases and bodies are textured differently and the top rims are different but there are so many similarities in overall shape I would think it reasonable to at least start to presume they are by the same company. The one I acquired today does have a Made in Italy label (not sure whose label it is). Just thought I would add this for reference and maybe someone else will have something to add.
Alastair

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Large Orange vase - mystery maybe solved
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 06:55:11 PM »
I think they may have had this design on www.whitefriars.com before too, so it's very good information.  Thanks Alsretro!
I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand