No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: amber with a thick clear overlay small bowl / vase ID = Kamei, Japan  (Read 3528 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
I have had this Sommerso style vase for some years and originally assumed it was a nice bit of Murano.  As you can see from the second photo the base is not typical Murano rather like Whitefriars (but it does not appear in any catalog I can find).  The Glass is amber with a thick clear overlay that obviously has been blown into a mould of some sort.  Can anyone give me a better attribution please.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Unknown Maker - Whitefriars, perhaps
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 04:10:30 PM »
It isn't Whitefriars I'm afraid, and it isn't sommerso either unless your photographs aren't showing it.  It looks like it might be cased perhaps?  It's quite an attractive looking lump of glass though.   :) :)
I am not a man

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: amber with a thick clear overlay small bowl / vase
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »
If you look long enough in the right place the answer comes to you  :chky: !!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200579978924&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It is Kamei glass from Japan.  Funny thing not so long ago I came across another in a different colour from either of these and the owner had no idea either.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand