No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Glass - Bohemian?  (Read 4164 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Art Glass - Bohemian?
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
 :hi: there. Now I am only going to say this *once*, but is this  :or:?

It is 3.5 inches tall, and 4.5 inches wide at the top....and has 3 legs.  So is it  :or:?  I am hoping that it is not  :or: and the only other thing that I found that would give me a nudge that it is not  :or: is this link:

http://artofeverycolor.com/42czechglass.jpg  but I doubt it, and I suppose this is  :or:

that link ( HERE ) said the following:    
"Beautiful art glass bowl from the Czech Republic. On the bottom of the bowl is a small sticker with "Bohemian Glass hand made in Czech Republic"  The approximate size of the bowl is about 3-4" high and about 14" in diameter.  It is in nice condition with no chips or scratches that I could find." Mine --  Probably not, eh?

So What is this?  IF  :or: , it is better than I expected.........or not  :D Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: ?? Art Glass - that is all I will say ??
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 05:21:50 AM »
Oh no -- Maybe this is NOT  :or: like I thought it might be -- but these are somethings that I found that *might be* related to mine.  If so, I deserve a  :tsk: for thinking this item was Chinese.  I hope the experts can help me on this....  This first link I posted here scares me, as I note the *legs* look the same as mine......and here I was thinking this was Chinese -- Oh please help me, for being so possibility wrong !!

http://www.tias.com/13984/PictPage/3923703189.html

Quoted from the above Link:
"Circa:  1900's
Condition: used
Size: 9 inches tall
Color: multi-color
Country of Origin: Czech Rep.
Manufacturer: antique-unknown

Czech spatter glass vase signed I believe Lovaki, Val, Wakia, this measures 9 inches tall beautiful colors and cobalt 3 footed legs. This is an outstanding vase. Top edge on outside is smooth on the inside in one place is rough."

Also found this one
http://www.rubylane.com/item/114895-769/Vintage-Art-Deco-Czech-Glass

Help....

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:04:19 AM »
Hi Rose,
my guess would be 1920´s and bohemian. Kralik has used this style of applied feet, but I think others
made them, too:
http://www.glaskilian.de/Kralik-Tangoglas.59.0.html
http://sites.google.com/site/loetzandglass/kralik-6--straight-mark
I think some of the pieces on Kilian´s site may be Welz rather than Kralik, so this would be another
option.
http://www.glaskilian.de/Fussschale-Kralik-in-Eleonoren.59+B6YmFja1BJRD01OSZwcm9kdWN0SUQ9MTUwJnBpZF9wcm9kdWN0PTU5JmRldGFpbD0_.0.html
Cheers,
Dirk
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 09:14:02 AM »
OMG - Thanks Dirk...

I really thought this was a piece of  :or: glass.  I had contempt not even posting it for that very reason.  It has been sitting on my cupboard for over a month - wondering IF I should post it.  Every now and then, I would glance at it thinking it (the bowl) looks Chinese ...but then the legs kept haunting me thinking that is finer work than I have seen Chinese do.  Still certain it was Chinese - I thought I would post tonight.....and was certain I would be told it was Chinese (See- Told you so). While  posting, I did do some rooting around when I found that one link and wondered *Na* -still most likely still Chinese.

Then after I posted it with-in a hour I stumbled on some other pieces.  Honestly, this one totally fooled me.  I had been to a Estate sale over a month ago and they were selling things by the box.  I spotted this in there with some other things -- and paid a Total of $2.00 for the whole Box.

OMG- this is from 1920  :thud:   and Bohemian

I see I have lots to learn yet, as I got totally fooled on this one!  Yikes, it is almost a 100 years old and I had if just sitting on my Kitchen cupboard where it could be bumped!!

Thanks Dirk  :kissy: for your attribution, and the Super links there too.  I feel faint........and Stupid now.  I am just totally blown away.  I had a little treasure, and never even knew it -- or even tried to research it for over a month.  Finally got the *guts* to post what I thought was Chinese (not) -- and again -- OMG.

Guess the title/or ID needs to be added to the title......Wow, I am still in shell shock!!

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »
Guess this would be a question for Craig, perhaps he´ll be able to give you a definite answer?
Glad I could help anyway.  :)
These feet really look funky, don´t they? Possibly the reason for making you think it´s a
newer piece...
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »
Rose, it's such a joy to see/read such displays of excitement!  Thank you for brightening up my day.  :D

Very happy for you!

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 10:30:08 AM »
 :o

This one HERE is 55,00 EURO so I tried the converter for $$ -- and that works out to like $73.00.   I note that one is like 14 cm tall (which is about 5.5 inches I think) and mine is Only 3.5 inches tall, but still -- mine is worth more than like the .50 cents it worked out to.

Rose, it's such a joy to see/read such displays of excitement!  Thank you for brightening up my day.  :D

Very happy for you!

See Anik -- You can share the enjoyment of this piece with me....and we can both jump for joy.   :chky:  Kinda like doing a good *crossword puzzle* in the morning over a cup of Coffee/or tea.   :thup:  I hope you shared in some of my  :o too, as it is almost too much for me to handle this morning (well the Wee hours here).  What a dummy I am -- I have to say this, I almost added it to a box to go back to charity.   But I thought -- even if it is Chinese -- so what -- so I finally decided to post.  Would not been my first Chinese piece, nor my last that I have found!!!   

I was *SO* certain it was Chinese, that is why I was poking fun at myself in the opening post (that I was only going to say the word  :or: once) -- but said it several times in the opening post ----- as that is what I thought it was.  So by posting what I thought was Chinese, I thought I would make clear that I knew it was Chinese.

Wrong....................Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops...............  :thud:

I have *much* to learn yet in Glass 101.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:38:22 AM »
Oh Rose...  ;D

P.S.  You're lucky that you're in Glass 101...  I'm still in the "Glass for Dummies" stage.  :24:

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 07:55:57 PM »
Bumping in hope that Craig can help with this one. :thup:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »
Bumping in hope that Craig can help with this one. :thup:

Thanks Anne -- yeah Kinda nice to know.  I did submit this for the 2011 GMB Calender.  Maybe Craig can give me more info.....

:kissy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand