No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Oiva Toikka Nuttajarvi Bird Date Please?  (Read 6387 times)

Offline suzi99

• Members
Oiva Toikka Nuttajarvi Bird Date Please?
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:32:17 AM »
Hi I have a pair of these they are actually grey not blue for some reason my camera is doing funny things with colours.  The are rather large measuring 8 1/2 inches x 5 3/4 inches.  They have red heads, are signed with stickers but I am interested in the year or any other info people could give me thankyou.

Mod: The images from this post have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 07:26:40 AM »
2001,  180 Euros

Offline suzi99

• Members
Thanks Ivo
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 05:13:06 AM »
Thanks ivo I am wondering also would you know the name of this bird.  My measurments also were a little out it measures just over 9 inches long & 6 inches tall.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 07:53:07 AM »
Koppelo, aka Capercaillie. I have from a good source they are ill-tempered fowl. measurements should be 15x24 cm

Offline suzi99

• Members
Thank you
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 08:30:34 AM »
Thank you ivo.  I like to catologue all my items for reference for my daughter in the future when one day she will inherit all my items.  I also have posted another couple of birds that I have not a clue as to their origin.  They were sold to me at auction as possibly stromberg if you'd care to take a look.  They came from the same person I bought these 2 nuutajarvi from & I know they mainly collected scandanavian glass, so I'm assuming there from there somewhere.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 08:48:51 AM »
bring on the turkey, then.

Offline suzi99

• Members
Turkey?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 09:10:42 AM »
I'm vegetarian  :D

Offline suzi99

• Members
Found one on ebay
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 10:08:52 PM »
Hi Ivo I found the exact same bird on ebay but being sold as is as has a broken beak.  They just have it listed as red head bird but definitely looks the same as mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7373324635&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&rd=1[/list]

Offline suzi99

• Members
new picture
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 10:13:45 PM »
This picture is a better one than the first picture I displayed.

Sklounion

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 11:06:52 PM »
Same bird, broken beak, no morning chorus, oh joy, happy, happy, joy, joy, a lie-in for once.......
think Ren and Stimpy, folks, please.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
but on a far more serious note, this web-link is to one of France's leading glass restorers and makers:
http://www.customglassmaker.com/
regards,
Marcus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand