No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Oiva Toikka Nuttajarvi Bird Date Please?  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Thank you
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 08:02:51 AM »
Quote from: "suzi99"
I also have posted another couple of birds that I have not a clue as to their origin.  They were sold to me at auction as possibly stromberg if you'd care to take a look.  

AHA finally my nickel dropped you posted this in another thread! Now I agree  with Peter that there is no reason to assume Strömberg for that stylised bird...

Offline suzi99

• Members
To Ivo
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 12:26:30 AM »
Yeah I have had to expert opinions on the stylised birds that I have posted in the other thread.  They believe them to be made by Livio Seguso between 1960 & 70 & after checking some of his work from that period I think they might be spot on.  Very similar in form, shape & colour.  So you were on the right track I think with the Italian origin.  Thanks   :P

Offline suzi99

• Members
Ivo click on this link
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 11:00:32 PM »
Hi Ivo you was thinking my bird was the capercaillie after checking one out on Iittala website I don't think it is the beak looks all wrong.  Check link below & view the pic of my bird & this one & see what you think.
http://www.iittala.com/designor/web/iittalacom.nsf/pages/75F3B635D00F430DC2256FF0004BA6BB?opendocument&lang=en&prodtable=1#

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Oiva Toikka Nuttajarvi Bird Date Please?
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 09:57:04 AM »
sorry i only looked at the Designlasin HIntakirja and it has line drawings so you can not actually see the shape of the beak. "Birds by Toikka" published by Iittala has it listed as "FASAANI" - you get three guesses what that means, and it has been in production since 1981. suggested retail price 2004 is 178 Euros.

Offline suzi99

• Members
Thanks Ivo
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 10:57:14 AM »
Thanks Ivo yes that's the one the same as my two birds.  Now I'll be able to catalogue them properly, thanks again  :D

Offline suzi99

• Members
On closer inspection
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2005, 12:32:05 PM »
Ivo on closer inspection I don't think Fasaani is the correct bird.  It you have a look at the wing on the fasaani it sweeps back towards the tail.  On my bird it is different. I am starting to wonder if my bird may be rare as I haven't been able to find it on google, or iittala discontinued. The only one I have been able to find is the link I posted earlier which was on ebay but that one had a broken beak.  I'm getting sick of looking at birds trying to find match : :cry:

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: On closer inspection
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2005, 12:46:33 PM »
I'm getting sick of looking at birds

me too, Suzi!

the wing on the fasaani it sweeps back towards the tail

not in the Iittala brochure

my bird it is different

No it isn't!

I am starting to wonder if my bird may be rare

Not likely, no.

Offline suzi99

• Members
Oiva Toikka Nuttajarvi Bird Date Please?
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2005, 12:49:55 PM »
:oops: ok I'll take your word for it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand