No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mdina 'cut ice vase' buyer says it's a fake?  (Read 22981 times)

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Mdina 'cut ice vase' buyer says it's a fake?
« on: July 28, 2010, 02:45:47 PM »
Hi all, sold a Mdina 'cut ice' vase last week, just received an email today from the buyer stating asking how long I have had the vase " I believe this is not a genuine Mdina vase but a far east copy the green is too green I have loads of other pieces to compare. "Cannot find your returns policy, do not want to leave you negative feedback but want to return the vase for a full refund.
I have to tread carefully here, feedback is important to me as I sell dozens of items of glass a month and realise this person is only a 'click' away from spoiling it. Here is a link to the completed listing.
Thanks Chris  

http://tinyurl.com/39h9nd8

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
Re: Mdina 'cut ice vase' buyer says it's a fake?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »
Well I don't know anything about Mdina but I would say that as he notified you within seven days your are obliged to refund him as long as he returns the same item in the same condition (under distance selling regulations)

Do you normally not offer refunds?

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 03:53:45 PM »
That is true if you are a business seller. I think what Chris is trying to establish is if the buyer is correct about the lack of authenticity.

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »
Off course I always offer refunds if the item is not as described? I  think the distant selling regulations only apply to business sellers? or is it bin not sure, but   surely you are missing my point I am trying to establish whether it is a fake?  if it's genuine Mdina as per my description then surely they have no recourse 'under item not as described'? So really just wanting confirmation that it is genuine, sorry if I didn't explain that properly.
Chris

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »
There is no real green though. Isn't it just blue and loads of silver chloride.

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 04:04:41 PM »
Exactly Christine :angel: If I accepted returns on this basis I wouldn't last long, It only takes one 'click' to spoil my feedback and in this case I am pretty sure it would be unjustified so we sellers have to tread very carefully.
Chris

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »
No I understood you perfectly was just pointing out that you would have to refund him without any reason under the distance selling regulations and could save the arguments and potential negative feedback.

I thought you were a trader as you mentioned selling a lot of glass. Anyway I will shut up now and let the Mdina experts give you the answer that you wanted in the first place. :)
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »
Not a trader, more a friend of collectors and finder of 'rare' and beautiful piece's , sorry if I came across that way, I have been called 'tactless' many times  :sun:
cheers Chris

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 05:15:28 PM »
I myself would always offer a full refund regardless as I find it only happens very very rarely and keeps your feedback good.

If it turns out to be ID as Mdina I say full refund plus postage, if it turns out to be a fake it would be better to also pay the return postage as well

Roy

Offline fattystratty1

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »
I find this a intresting topic seeing as I have allot of mdina pieces. So are thier fake pieces of Mdina out there, and do we know what shapes they are. I myself have a Mdina vase with a fake Harris signature on it but anyone can do that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand