Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Are the fishscale cameo vases marked as GLF (George L. Fereday) by Webb?  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
Hard to say, but this c1900 Bruder Rachmann scent spray might be a similar type of decoration although the catalogue does not describe the decoration but it falls between complex and simple cut pieces pricewise. Image copyright and courtesy glasscatalogue.com
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Are the fishscale cameo vases marked as GLF (George L. Fereday) by Webb?
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »
Just adding this for future reference.
I think it is established (thanks Christine)on another thread that this vase/bowl (listed as possibly Stevens and Williams)
(satin brown shaded with a gilded padded enamel pattern of branches flowers and small buds on the branches 7Mar2015 Fieldings auction lot 450)
is actually a Thomas Webb brown shaded vase (bowl).

I also believe that these vases are decorated with the same pattern as the brown shaded and I think have been done by the same enameller/gilder
so I agree with the auctioneer's id of Thomas Webb for that pair.

The pair of vases have a gilded zigzag collar that appears to be very similar to the collar seen on this fishscale vase (it is fishscale but is difficult to tell as it's all white.
so if the pair of vases are Thomas Webb, it is possible that the fishscale vases might also be Thomas Webb based on the collar decoration. Clearly, it still needs to be checked to see if other makers (Harrach perhaps?) also used that decorative device on the collar of their vases.
I'll add info if I find any more.

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand