No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Press Glass - fish & crab bowl ID = Bagley, 'Marine' dish  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Press Glass - fish & crab bowl ID = Bagley, 'Marine' dish
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:03:27 PM »
I bought this today...not my usual cup of tea, but it was going cheap in a charity shop and who can resist that?  Not me!

It's a shade over 9" in diameter and rests on four feet.  There's a Registration Number of 798843 - I presume that makes it Bagley & Co?

Tut, I don't know why I bought it really - I have nowhere to put it!!  :lol:  :oops:  :roll:

Mod: The images from this post have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.
I am not a man

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Press Glass - fish & crab bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 03:08:47 PM »
Oh!  Found it!  I'd written the Rd number down wrong the first time.  I think it IS Bagley, and a Marine dish.   :oops:
I am not a man

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 03:16:43 PM »
I would say that this is a fairly uncommon Bagley item. I don't remember seeing a green one on ebay (or if I have only one) and I do green glass searches with a vengence. Bagley tended to do all of the colours and all of the sizes, as far as I can see. So I would sell it on and hopefully make a nice profit to spend on something more your cup of tea.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 04:09:19 PM »
Hi Christine  :D

Thanks for your reply.  I have to say this is amber, not green...so maybe not that desirable after all.  It's in great condition, but has one 2" sharp scratch to the underside - which I'm sure would polish out, but I'm not entirely sure it's worth it.   :?

I don't think I'm going to sell it...I'll probably use it for salad.  But it's more likely going to sit in the cupboard unused for a few years...lol

It was £2.99...that's still a bargain, isn't it!  :wink:  :D

PS:  Leni...only you could come up with that combination of carniverous plants, cats and birds!   :lol:
I am not a man

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 09:01:24 PM »
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »
oops to cut the story short  - i am so sorry!
Bagley, designer Williamson and I have to correct my site  :oops:  :roll:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand