No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vasart Tulip Lamp?  (Read 10260 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« on: December 08, 2005, 09:39:41 PM »
I purchased this today for a not-too-harsh £18. T'is the same shape, size (10") & proportions as the one shown on Frank's marvellous site, and the design is very much along the same lines... but the colours are different...

What think we of it?

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 05:51:12 AM »
They tend to sell for a bit more, 200ish on eBay and in excess of 1,000 in some Scottish antiques shops. Quite a bargain.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 10:09:44 AM »
Oh, so it is genuine then? Hurray.

I know that they go for a fair amount of money on eBay - one the same colour as shown on your site went for £210 last night. Actually if it wasn't for spotting the one on eBay, I would have gone straight past the one I bought yesterday.

But £1,000? Are they mad?  :shock:

Edit: Apologies to anyone who would pay / has paid £1,000 for a lamp like this... but I'm tightfisted and 99% of the time only buy things if they're utter bargains!  :D

Offline lddlsa

• Members
vasart lamp
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 04:32:38 PM »
Well done Pinkspoons on getting such a bargain, well spotted.  I would love one day to find such a bargain to make up for all the times I spent too much when I first started buying Ysart glass.  I have one lamp which I paid £150 for which is not a bad price for a Vasart lamp but it will probably remain my only one, unless I am as eagle eyed and as lucky as you.   :)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 04:55:08 PM »
Thanks! And going on what the lamp last night on eBay sold for, £150 doesn't seem like too bad a price at all!  :)

Though, to be honest, this will most likely end up as shop stock in the new year when I launch my little online emporium of all things designer clutter!   :D

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 05:24:49 PM »
Quote from: "Pinkspoons"
But £1,000? Are they mad?

Now yes, in a few years maybe not. Increasing interest and short supply.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 01:44:04 PM »
Oh, I forgot to ask - does anybody know who designed the tulip lamp? I can't claim to know anything much about Vasart.  :oops:

Hurray, though, I got around to taking better photographs:

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 05:23:09 PM »
Probably Salvador.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 05:56:49 PM »
Thanks. :)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Vasart Tulip Lamp?
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 04:25:41 PM »
I've been thinking about selling this lamp before the New Year to add a bit of spending money to my holiday fund - what's the best way to achieve maximum price for Vasart? (I'm not expecting £1,000+ by the way  :lol: ) It's just that I know nothing about the market for it.

Looking through past auction house catalogues listed online, Vasart seems to not fair so well at them - not even up in Scotland - and usually realise £100-£50 less than on eBay.

Always open to suggestions.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand