No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vetri murano bowl, made by who?  (Read 9878 times)

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
Vetri murano bowl, made by who?
« on: July 29, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »
Hi, i have just purchased this really good quality bowl. Its 12" across, green with light gold flecks and with a black biscuit type foot. I can see by the label that it is made in Murano, do you have any idea who made it? It is signed on the base * ******* for Lambert 89 but have you any idea what the first bit of the signatures says? i presume that this is the maker or manufacturer? Thx for any help, cheers
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Vetri murano bowl, made by who?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »
I'm sure you will find out who VM040 is (I think Anita has the list) but make sure you google Günther Lambert. To me that is a nonmatching sticker.

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »
Hi Ivo, thanks for your reply. I had already Googled GL and found they are furniture and home wares distributor. I wasn't aware that the number 044 was the manufactures number (I think it now may be Oball?) cheers for that. I was thinking that this was a bowl made in Murano for the German company, do you think this is incorrect? Is the list of Vetri numbers/makers available?

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:58:01 PM »
Wow, I haven't seen 040 yet!  Actually, Jurgen has a list of Promovetro numbers.  Fossilfly has been trying to collectively come up with one, but 040 is not on there as of yet.  

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2629&highlight=Promovetro

As for the GL label; it could be right.  I would not be surprised if the piece was made for GL.  I have found that a lot of Murano pieces are made for designers and other companies in my 11 years of collecting.  Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Murano glass.  

tam bam

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »
Hi, oops sorry about the 044 in the last message, I was looking up the wrong number, please ignore that, Doh!  ;)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 12:33:57 AM »
Sorry I don't have the list of VM numbers. I have the list of VAM (Promovetro) numbers, but they are different. Tami wrote everything I was going to write. Jerry doesn't have the numbers, either, just the names. We'll have to keep working that Fossilfly list.

I've tried forever to decipher the name, but haven't been able to figure it out. It is apparently the name of the glassmaker for the company. I couldn't find a company name that looked anything like the signature. The last part of the name looks like it could be "losin." Maybe that will spur some idea in somebody.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 12:34:39 AM »
Looking at this signature again, yes, it does say _____ _____ for Lambert!  I can see it!  Just who is blank blank??  Finding out who 040VM will answer our question with no doubt.  This is a very nice footed bowl btw. :rah:

tam bam  

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 03:11:21 AM »
I think the first letter may simply be a fancy M. It reminds me of the one Mario Gambaro makes sometimes. Too bad I couldn't turn the last name into Gambaro... but it would have been the wrong VM number for him.

There is always the chance this is someone we've never heard of. It is from '89 -- a time I don't know much about in the history of Murano.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 01:24:52 PM »
I was going to post the same thing last night after my eyes hurt so badly studying this piece, but I had to go to bed.  I agree it is an M.  It does favor the fancy M, as Anita stated, in the Mario Gambaro signatures.  I do not think Mario Gambaro signed this piece either and the vm number doesn't match as she stated.  Gosh, this one is driving me insane.  We must find out who this is.

tam bam

Offline Jurgen

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »
I wish I knew who 040 was!?.........................Jerry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand