No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paperweight sig id please - ID = Paul Kemp  (Read 5523 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Paperweight sig id please ?
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 09:01:42 AM »
?????

A wild Guess here but Paul J. W. Kemp ??  he made paperweights, but just a guess ??
http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/britsk-m.htm  Scroll down to the name Paul J. W Kemp.  I guess he could go by P.J. Kemp too.........Is there any silver or gold leaf in it -- I can not tell ??  Not sure what his signature looks like -- so just a guess ???  As I am also not sure where you live -- so (your location) might help in the process of where to start first looking.

??  This is just a guess....

I am pretty sure what I stated before here, is who it is.  The more I look at it --it seems like it is ....but I am not ?? 100 % sure.

You could also try this tip I have suggested  http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,32515.0.html  as it has also helped others get even a closer shot.  But I am thinking and  :X: that it is Paul J.W Kemp.

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »
I think you're right, antiquerose. The first letter I picked out was the K. If it is not Kemp, it is probably something very close.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 03:34:32 PM »
I agree, Rose.  The first time I looked at the signature, Kemp came to mind.  I never took it any further.  Even if it isn't Kemp, great sleuthing!

Lily :or:

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »
I think i have..finally..after reading all your tips..got a good photo of the sig... :rah: lol..Kemp looks like it i think ?

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
?????

A wild Guess here but Paul J. W. Kemp ??  he made paperweights, but just a guess ??
http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/britsk-m.htm  Scroll down to the name Paul J. W Kemp.  I guess he could go by P.J. Kemp too...

Is there any silver or gold leaf in it -- I can not tell ??

Not sure what his signature looks like -- so just a guess ???  As I am also not sure where you live -- so (your location) might help in the process of where to start first looking.

??  This is just a guess....

Thank you..yes. large piece of gold leaf inside it..

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »
Glad your search had a successful outcome, ejean! :thup:

Way to go, Rose!!! :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:

Lily ;D

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »
yip..the clever people here never fail !  :hiclp: I am pleased i really like it and for a mere £5 i think i got a bargain !
Thank you all for being so wonderful and helping me. :kissy:

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 02:10:40 AM »
Congratulations, Jean.  Well done with the last Photo it really brought out the name beautifully.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 01:42:18 AM »
yip..the clever people here never fail !  :hiclp: I am pleased i really like it and for a mere £5 i think i got a bargain !
Thank you all for being so wonderful and helping me. :kissy:

I'm not clever -- just (finally) lucked out.  Glad to see you used that magnifying trick, and the Pencil rub, it really helped  :thup:

Just out of curiosity.....on that link below from *Great-Glass* it says his whereabouts are Unknown at this time -- Does this make this piece any *Rarer*?  I mean HE is listed there, he did make PW, but now he is not known where he is -- so might his *glass working time* be short, and makes this a bit more $$ ?   Not sure -- thought I would ask...

????   A wild Guess here but Paul J. W. Kemp ??  he made paperweights, but just a guess ??
http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/britsk-m.htm  Scroll down to the name Paul J. W Kemp.  I guess he could go by P.J. Kemp too...    Is there any silver or gold leaf in it -- I can not tell ??   Not sure what his signature looks like -- so just a guess ???  As I am also not sure where you live -- so (your location) might help in the process of where to start first looking.        ??  This is just a guess....

eJean -
Can you post a pic (close-up) of the gold leaf inside -- Now that your a Professional Photographer with the magnifying glass (Give yourself a Pat on the Back)  :hiclp: :hiclp:  Excellent Work there  :thup:  WTG U2 !!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 10:10:01 AM »
I can find no more info on P Kemp..maybe he has gone awol ?? Iwill take some close up pics later and post them .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand