No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monstrous Murano Piece for Sale.....  (Read 7843 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Monstrous Murano Piece for Sale.....
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:37:48 PM »
Hi there - Never thought I would be posting here. 

Via the net, I found a Monstrous Piece of Glass.  So I did the obvious, and asked if it was for sale.  She said she had been thinking of it.  We have been emailing back and forth, and I have her permission to let you guys know about it -- and what she has told me about it.  She is also going to send me some Pics (as soon as possible) and she has also given me permission to post them (to you Murano lovers) to see her piece for sale.

So this just kinda dropped into my lap -- via the net.  This is what she has advised me of:

The Murano Art Glass Sculpture is called *Ode to Picasso*
~ Created on the island of Murano, Venice by Maestro Walter Furlan

This is a copy of the e-mail she sent me, in which I have her permission to copy/paste to you:

"Hi Rose,
I just realized I didn't explain the sculpture to you, Walter Furlan was a friend of Picasso's and did this sculpture of his wife with her famous hat on.  It is engraved "Ode de Picasso" which means "dedicated to Picasso".  This sculpture just struck me when I was in Venice Italy a few years ago and I had to have it, the colours throughout are stunning if you see it live.  Maestro Furlan (which means Master) is one of Venice's ultimate sculptors and is elderly so this sculpture will be worth quite a bit rather soon, as an investment piece.  This piece weighs 75 lbs and is made from hand blown glass, is one solid piece and he had to have 2 assistants help him with the process.  It's very difficult to even imagine a person creating something this intricate (down to the detailed strands of blond hair) all in one sitting, it would have taken a whole day to create this with the two assistants holding the other end of the glass blower.
I hope this explains the value behind this piece for you...................

I also have all the documentation for authenticity to go with it including a photo of the sculptor with the piece!  I'll have to do some research of my own to confirm the health and status of the sculptor.  And by all means you can network with your friends and let them know about it.......

Let me know if you would like me to email you a photo or photos, I'd be happy to do so, also mention the cabinet it comes in, perfect for the piece with the reinforced glass for that heavy weight.  And by the way, the glass house where I purchased it were kind enough to pay for and ship the piece to me insured so it was waiting for me when I returned from vacation!

This item is here in Canada.  The piece was blue glass with yellow hair, and hat.

The cabinet that it is in has 3 shelves (with lights).  I imagine if someone were to buy the Glass, and the Cabinet -- a deal could be arranged (as maybe even with shipping).

I do have here phone number here, but told here I would not post that here.  If any members are interested in this piece of Art (or the Glass Cabinet that is reinforced to hold the item), please e-mail me -- and I will pass on her number to you.

I could not resist when I found out the cabinet was being sold -- If she was selling the item too. 

My first thought were you guys here.  Hope this is OK to post -- and she is going to be sending me some pics of it too to post.

Thanks -- hope one of our members is interested in this -- as it has not been advertised at all, and not on Ebay.  So basically, the Board members have first chance at this piece.

Thanks -- I hope I bought/found a Treasure to someone on the Board.... :X:

(will attach pics as soon as she sends me some...if that is OK, as I do have her permission)

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Monstrous Murano Piece for Sale.....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »
Hi Rose there is a very nice Picasso vase on ebay right now that i would buy if i could afford it . :mrgreen: :cry:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:34:27 AM »
Photos now added for Rose. :thup:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »
Scary...a big glass head... :ooh:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 07:46:16 AM »
The seller of this item has realized that the old post was from 2010 -- and it is now 2014.

Previous asking price in this post of 2010 - is now *NULL AND VOID*.

The Price of this item has there increased in value due to the fact -- As Maestro Furlan is aging and appears to no longer doing sculptures, or certainly not of this magnitude, the values have risen.

So please note the price of this item HAS increase significantly and the seller is asking an NEW increased  Price.  If interested in purchasing at the NEW increased price, please contact me directly for their email.

Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand