No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Amber / gold carafe - ID = Whitefriars 9864 pattern in Gold  (Read 1678 times)

Offline mikebonne

• Members
Amber / gold carafe - ID = Whitefriars 9864 pattern in Gold
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
Hi guys, thanks so much for all your help over the past eyar and I love the fact that you all like to share your knowledge as its a fabulous way of learning.

I have trawled through various books and websites to find something like this.  The glass is quite thick, honey amber coloured and the pattern on both sides is indented into the hot mglass to form dimples on the inside of the vase.  The base is smooth clear and polished out pontil

I would be grateful of your thoughts.

Thanks
Markus

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Can anyone help with this one please?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
100%whitefriars /carafe its in the catalogue  , i believe Ray Annenberg made most if not all of those i will be listing an aqua one very soon .

Offline mikebonne

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »
Thanks so much with that...I did wonder if it was Whitefriars by the base, -  I was given 3 pieces to list on Ebay and only 2 were definitely known as whitefriars so glad I can add that to my listings.

best regards

Markus

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »
I would check ebay i think there is one on now if you list yours i think they will both go flat

Offline mikebonne

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »
.thanks for all your info guys...  i will keep a watch on Ebay to see when best to list it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand