No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bridge crystal wine glasses help  (Read 5085 times)

Offline clarke78

• Members
Bridge crystal wine glasses help
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:43:44 PM »
Hello im new to your forum and in need of some help.

I've been clearing out my mum's old house and have come across some bridge crystal wine glasses X6 in a box made by old hall. also i have 2 bigger wine glasses but these have been engraved with some letters and the year 1986.

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of the history of either Bridge crystal , old hall or may be both ive tried searching the internet and found nothing but old hall steel products not crystal.

and if anyone could tell me how to go about getting these valued as if they are expensive i would like to get them on the house insurance?

thanks in advanced for the help.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Bridge crystal wine glasses help
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:55:35 AM »
Welcome to the board, here is a little info on Bridge Crystal: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,14041.0.html

Sorry no idea about value.

John

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 08:05:36 AM »
There are unlikely to exceed the single item limit on your household insurance IMHO.

Offline bclem

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »
Hi!
I have some Bridge Crystal Champagne Flutes (super thin crystal).  I do know that J&J Wiggins Ltd (Est 1893) purchased Bridge Crystal in the 1960's.  Wiggins trading name was The Old Hall Sales Organisation, originally selling Stainless Steel products of good quality.  Bridge Glass is considered high quality full lead crystal so your glasses would be worth a little above average even second hand.  The Bridge factory was at Cradley but no longer in operation.  There is a web site for "The Old Hall Club" if you google it.   I should like to replace 2 broken champgne flutes from my set if any one has any?

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
Cumbria Crystal could make them for you, see thread linked above.

Offline bclem

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 01:25:15 PM »
Thank you Frank!    I will contact them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand