No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Three part centrepiece - ID = Rudolfovahut, pattern no 13171  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Three part centrepiece - ID = Rudolfovahut, pattern no 13171
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:14:35 PM »
genuine period pieces in this this 'style' from the first half of the C20 abound - although I hadn't been aware of seeing what appears to be a much more recent design, with this almost Modigliani woman.   Sort of pale amethyst, with indented base, and 320mm/12.5 inch diameter.   Insufficient wear to be very old, I think.  Quality seems to be too good for the far east, so I'm thinking more likely from eastern Europe or Scandinavia - not in Pamela's 'Centerpieces' in view of its modernity probably.    thanks for looking, and grateful if anyone recognizes the piece

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: id request for three part centrepiece
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:31:41 AM »
We've had them on here before. They're Czech, Rudolfovahut, 1959, pattern no 13171, designer Jitka Forejtova (info Sklo Union: Art before Industry, Marcus Newhall). So almost no score on any points. Mogdiliani was earlier, he died in 1920. He also had TB and nearly featured in Ivo's book.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:41:52 AM »
Not in my centrepieces' section  - no luck so far, she achieves good prices meanwhile. May I use your photos, please Paul?  :hi:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »
Christine - you might have let me down a little more gently, and given me a 'smiley' - after all I am your No. 1 fan :).    I do of course have Marcus Newhall's book and CD, so no excuse for not knowing from whence it came - just looking in the wrong direction. :-[    Are we not spell checking now...Mogdiliani ;D.....but seriously my sincere thanks to you as always, and for your quick reply. 

Pamela..thanks for your input, very much appreciated........a pleasure to give you permission to use the pictures in whatever way you choose.   If you would like more, please do let me know.

I like the colour as much as anything else - and the stylized woman is very attractive    Thanks again. :)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:37:05 AM »
Are we not spell checking now
Not when we are supposed to be getting ready to go to work and time has run out. Can't spell what I can't say.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Three part centrepiece - ID = Rudolfovahut, pattern no 13171
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »
just seen the full page pic. in the book - page 47, and it's a great photograph with the reflection etc., thanks again Christine. :)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Three part centrepiece - ID = Rudolfovahut, pattern no 13171
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand