No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Murano glass?  (Read 4913 times)

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
Is this Murano glass?
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 09:28:29 PM »
Yes its Czech as Ivo says. I have seen quite a lot in the pale pink & pale blue colorway recently, though I didn't know it was by Chribska. That doesnt surprise me too much and I like it better than most Chribska, a lot of which I'm not keen on.

InsaneP, you must be if you think that Czech is necessarily less desirable than Murano but the story is long and complex. In short both Murano and Czechoslovakia / Bohemia have very long traditions of glassmaking stretching back hundreds of years and both places have made glass from the very best to the very worst and back again.

I doin't think it's obviously an ashtray ....depends on size partly.
Whats wrong with the condition of it ?

PS Javier - This needs to be moved to the main Glass forum.
Pete

Offline insaneprofessor

• Members
Is this Murano glass?
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 09:54:09 PM »
I'm really not hugely knowledgable about glass.  I'm also blonde so give me a break eh? LOL

It has a few scratches, nothing you'd notice unless you scrutinised it very close up.  Because the scatches are tiny they're hard to photograph and I always get anxious if I'm selling anything and I can't clearly show any damage.  If it had just one or 2 I'd mention it but as there are a few I just started to feel concerend and disappointed as I examined it closely.

It's been at the back of a cupboard for years and I remembered it as a wonderous thing so it was a bit upsetting for me to see so many little scratches.  

I'll try to get some close ups, I'm not sure if I can do it with the shots I have but I'd appreciate feedback as to how bad it is.

thanks again

Louise :)

Offline insaneprofessor

• Members
Is this Murano glass?
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
hmmm
I can't get eany decent close ups
I'll look at it again in good light tomorrow and try to get some decent shots
thanks again

Louise :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk