Author Topic: Anyone know the ANSWER to this one ?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
Anyone know the ANSWER to this one ?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 01:49:21 PM »
.Hi David , I Have now CLEANED MY GLASSES, and as you say it is NOT a 9835 vase !!!!!!    
 However I still think the amount of glass on the rim would be hard to achieve from a standard bark vase with a heavy top that has been  expanded....
  If only we had been there when it was blown... Regards Patrick

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Post subject
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 03:02:30 PM »
Thank you David for your kind words....I have posted on whitefriars.com where this topic originally started.   Emmi

vidfletch

Anyone know the ANSWER to this one ?
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 09:33:49 PM »
Jacqui Olive of www.whitefriars.org has noticed that what is probably the same vase/bowl was for sale on Ebay way back in June 2001. It ended at £42 but did not meet its reserve. May be there were "Reservations" !!! LOL!!!

See http://www.whitefriarsorg.org/memb1/a6-auctions/a6-01-06/auctions_during_june_2001.htm

During that year there were a few of Pattern 9835 sold including two ruby ones. See this one.

http://www.whitefriarsorg.org/memb1/a6-auctions/a6-01-05/auctions_during_may_2001.htm

Just scroll down the pages and you will see them.

Interesting but still provides no answers!!!

Vidfletch

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Post subject
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 09:23:22 AM »
Well that was a good find by Jacqui....altogether a better photograph, and would have aroused some interest at the time I would think, but still not in my view a redesigned bark or a small 9835 although the quality of the glass looks very good.  As you say, still not an answer...it would be interesting to have seen the original listing details/description for this one as well.

I noticed as I was browsing this 2001 archive 2 FLC  Coffins - one Aqua one Gold at £26 and £27 respectively!!!

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com