No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano dish? gold/aventurine splodges  (Read 2356 times)

Offline buttonfluff

• Members
Murano dish? gold/aventurine splodges
« on: August 17, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »
Hi i think this dish may be murano????  any further information would be apreciated,its just over 3 inches tall and 7 inches wide and has a layer of white and aventurine/gold splodges to the inside then a casing of clear blue then all incased in clear ,it has a polished base ..thanks
xx ...Kerryn... xx

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Murano dish? gold/aventurine splodges
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 06:28:48 AM »
I agree that the piece is Murano, but it's highly unlikely that you could ever determine a more specific attribution for it. You might be able to establish  roughly when it was made by figuring out when that colour was popular in Murano. Sorry not be more helpful, but I think most Murano collectors have a few ashtrays like this, and without a label it's not possible to say who made it.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:49:01 AM »
..in all colours....

Offline buttonfluff

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »
Thankyou for your replys i didnt really expect it to be anything valuable - it had been in the attic for around 30 years and has seen daylight atlast. It is very sentimental but not my colour sceme , I like the more colourfull version in the picture ,,many thanks for your help.
xx ...Kerryn... xx

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:48:10 PM »
Here's mine in pink.

Carolyn

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 03:42:46 AM »
Orange here.......................................and the Post HERE on it, related info/comments but I do note that the original posted one here - Only has 3 dropped down sides.
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:45:46 AM »
 :rah:I love these floriform bowls- have a look at a couple of mine- sadly in storage but I live vicariously through others and my pictures!!! The ones I have are quite random as to pointing to any particular maker and so I attach the "generic Murano" label to them quite happily as they are lovely items and quite well made. Hope you enjoy my contribution. regards Carol
Carolglass

Offline buttonfluff

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 09:45:19 AM »
Thanks for post link and all the other pictures they are all much better looking than mine ....i do feel a bit jelouse that everyone else has more sides and mine only has three :) a nice asortment of colours and designs -too good to use as ashtrays .... xx
xx ...Kerryn... xx

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 11:43:07 PM »
 :-[ I rotate all my ashtrays. I think if your going to smoke, you might as well use a good ashtray than a cheap tacky mass produced Chinese one stolen from the pub (which some of my friends use) :spls:.

Currently using the Alexandrite one.  :24:

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 12:56:03 AM »
Thanks for post link and all the other pictures they are all much better looking than mine ....i do feel a bit jelouse that everyone else has more sides and mine only has three :) a nice asortment of colours and designs -too good to use as ashtrays .... xx

I disagree - Yours is most lovely.  It has lots of splashes of aventurine in it which to me is more of a  :thup:.  As I lovvvvvvvvvve pieces with Aventurine it in. I think that yours having only 3 sides to it makes it more Unique, and you should feel happy about that.  Give yourself a *pat on the back* for the beautiful Find. 

I do not think I could use one ( :o ) for an ashtray  :thud:, but I take it kane_u_pain does  :sm: . Your much stronger than I am.  Even if they are made for that reason, and to use -- I just could never use it for anything but to just look at it.

I must be weak....... :24:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand