No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID on Orrefors marks please!!  (Read 3883 times)

Offline djkglass

• Members
ID on Orrefors marks please!!
« on: August 18, 2010, 10:43:59 AM »
Any ideas???

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: ID on Orrefors marks please!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 12:01:51 PM »
Could you give a photo of the complete object.  Also instead of trying to photo directly the signature which always has refraction and internal reflection tending to distort it - especially with clear glass can you try to take the signature on a shallow angle so the flat base relects light and the signature should appear darker.  Two examples (both Orrefors) below.

By the way if you are particularly interested in Orrefors the second picture is the base of a vase that appears in the "Orrefors Glass - by Alastair Duncan" at the bottom of page 160.  A lucky Ebay buy.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline djkglass

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:34:41 PM »
Any better???

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:59:32 PM »
I know that the P refers to design by Sven Palmquist - pre 1980, after which they would have used SP.

The absence of a following letter may mean it is not glass & is therefore crystal - but I am not certain.

The 2405 would be the design number and the remaining numbers I assume refer to a particular variation of the design.  For instance if it had an engraved design on it each different engraving would presumably have a different number.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline culverwood

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »
Is it a vase designed by Sven Palmqvist, rectangular in shape in clear glass with an etched design of a young man reclining on a rock by the sea while three swans fly above him.

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »
original design 1941, if that's D4 it signifies manufacture in 1965, and a s is the engraver Anders Svensson  [Swedish Glass Production catalogue and Orrefors - A century of swedish glassmaking).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand