No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Versace/Venini ID needed  (Read 2444 times)

Offline David555

• Members
Versace/Venini ID needed
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:54:54 PM »
I have just come back from Milan. I was there on business so it was mostly boring boardroom meetings and factories; also it was very cold brrrrr!

I did manage to sneak out to Via Montenapoleone, one of our furniture shops Georgetti Spa is situated there right across from Venini. The Venini shop was like a stock room getting ready for Xmas but I managed to get a CD ROM catalogue and as always have a good look in all the cupboards for older stock as new shelf stock is OTT, (Inciso Vase Euro 3,900 no way when I can get a 1970s one for under Euro 1000).

I managed to pluck out a few paperweight/sculptures from 1998 with original box but no information material on box.

I bought this Item designed by Versace for £212.00 - I am interested in the Versace/Venini connection and the simplicity of the object.

I do not have it in any of my catalogues - does anyone know the name of the item? also it is etched to base Versace / Venini 1998/30 – I was getting information from the manager about how it was the last one in a small edition, I am sure the edition was limited but not to 30 – so what is the 30 for?

I have only just started to buy new Venini items, by that I mean pre 21st Century

Any help appreciated

4” diam, 2” high, 1.1k weight, round label ‘Venini Murano Made in Italy’, etched to base Versace / Venini 1998/30

Large round bottom/back & small standing base/side (etched)

http://hometown.aol.com/Sterlingbooks03/v1.jpg
http://hometown.aol.com/Sterlingbooks03/v2.jpg
http://hometown.aol.com/Sterlingbooks03/Picture2copy.jpg marks

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Versace/Venini ID needed
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:29:57 AM »
*bump*
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia