No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Very distinctive stamped design to Pontil Mark - ID = Guernsey Island Glass  (Read 8317 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: ID Help Required. Very distinctive stamped design to Pontil Mark
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 03:14:36 PM »
My thought was to flip the pontil so that I effectively looked through it from the neck of the bottle.  That seems to show a name '???EUS' (see attached) I am wondering if looking at it through the pontil shows a better result given that refractiojn & reflection make it hard for me to make a better guess.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »
It doesn't say anything - flipped or unflipped, it's still the mark used on Guernsey Island Glass. (UK Guernsey Island Glass, not US Guernsey Glass) . See the photograph of the label on the marked paperweight. It's the same company, same label, same pontil mark.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline johnfandmaryp

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 04:14:21 PM »
Just in case anyone's wondering, the three lions are taken from Guernsey's official Coat of Arms.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand