No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Afro Celotto and Luca Vidal  (Read 9715 times)

Offline MuranoArtGlassChandeliers

• Members
  • Italian Decor and Glass Lights website
    • Murano Glass plus Antiques
    • Australia
    • Murano Art Glass Australia
Afro Celotto and Luca Vidal
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »
I have been collecting Murano Art Glass now for several years and always looked at the main companies such as AVEM, Barvovier, Fratelli Toso and Cenedese.  I have been lucky enough now to collect pieces by Afro Celotto who studied under the Grand Master Lina Tagliapietra and studied did his time as an apprentice at F3 International.  He also works with other Murano Maestros such as Luca Vidal. 

Since leaving F3 International and after a co-operation with other factories and workshops, in 1999 Afro has opened his own art studio with the younger talents GC. Tagliapietra and L. Vidal. Afro masters the most difficult tecniques, incalmo, filigrana, reticello, murrina, cold work, but, opening his studio, he has moved beyond excellence in execution and now finally feels free to devote his focus to his artistic expression and unique works. Afro has the priviledge of an important artistic relationship with Pino Signoretto, generally considered the greatest master for heavy glass sculptures in Murano Island and member of Dale Chihuly's team. During his creative experience Afro and his team have cooperated with several international artists and their artworks were exhibited in art galleries, museums and exhibitions all over the world.   If you love the beauty and rarity of some of the most exquisite pieces of Murano glass and like me, have taken a long time to collect, then see what we have to offer here -http://www.tias.com/stores/collectantiques

Thanks everybody and thanks for making us part of your community!
Dean
CEO and Owner
Italian Decor Glass Lights
http://www.italiandecor-glasslights.com
salesandsupport@italiandecor-glasslights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: Afro Celotto and Luca Vidal
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »
Now that is a beauty!!!! 

tam bam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

• Members
    • Australia
Murano Glass Chandeliers
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 01:16:30 AM »
G'day everyone from Down Under - Australia!

Has anybody wanted a touch of class from the best Art Glass maker in the world?  Well, if like me you have then you just cannot go past the irrefutable name associated with sheer brilliance and an astute investment - MURANO!  When I started collecting this stunning glass some years ago, what started then has become a full time business.  I have been lucky enough to turn this passion and now have access to some of the best Authentic Murano Glass Chandeliers in the world and I say this with the utmost confidence.  I love the beauty, sheer brilliance and skill at mastering some of the most difficult techniques in glass blowing such as Incalmo and Retticino, then being able to wrap up all these different elements into a total package with mind-blowing beauty.  IF you want to see some of the most stunning Murano Glass Chandeliers you will ever see, then stop by at http://www.tias.com/14244/InventoryPage/2010009/1.html

If you are also interested in Murano Art Glass from modern Murano Maestros, then we also would suggest you familiarise yourself with world renowned Maestros such as Afro Celotto and Luca Vidal.  If you are interested, then here are some for you to view http://www.tias.com/14244/InventoryPage/2010235/1.html

If you are looking for a piece of Murano Glass, then please contact us and we are more than happy to help. 

Dean

Dean
CEO and Owner

• Members
    • Australia
Murano Glass Chandeliers plus Art Glass by Afro Celotto and Luca Vidal
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:22:03 AM »
G'day everyone from Down Under - Australia!

Has anybody wanted a touch of class from the best Art Glass maker in the world?  Well, if like me you have then you just cannot go past the irrefutable name associated with sheer brilliance and an astute investment - MURANO!  When I started collecting this stunning glass some years ago, what started then has become a full time business.  I have been lucky enough to turn this passion and now have access to some of the best Authentic Murano Glass Chandeliers in the world and I say this with the utmost confidence.  I love the beauty, sheer brilliance and skill at mastering some of the most difficult techniques in glass blowing such as Incalmo and Retticino, then being able to wrap up all these different elements into a total package with mind-blowing beauty.  IF you want to see some of the most stunning Murano Glass Chandeliers you will ever see, then stop by at http://www.tias.com/14244/InventoryPage/2010009/1.html

If you are also interested in Murano Art Glass from modern Murano Maestros, then we also would suggest you familiarise yourself with world renowned Maestros such as Afro Celotto and Luca Vidal.  If you are interested, then here are some for you to view http://www.tias.com/14244/InventoryPage/2010235/1.html

All our items are available for sale so if you are looking for an astute investment in the very best Glass in the world, then our Murano Art Glass and Chandeliers are your assurance of world class quality and investment.

If you are looking for a piece of Murano Glass, then please contact us and we are more than happy to help.

Dean
Dean
CEO and Owner

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 08:37:10 AM »
I have worked with them for several year.
Afro is a very good master glassmaker.
Nice pieces.
I have several in my own collection.

www.artofvenice.com

P.s. I wrote the first page on the web about Afro and everybody is picking my text... It means that my english is not so bad!

• Members
    • Australia
The largest and most diverse Murano glass selection on the web
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 01:20:14 AM »
G'day Everyone!

I have been busy with my new webstore gathering and collating what is arguably the LARGEST and most diverse range selection of Authentic Murano glass items anywhere on the web.  Just take a look of what we have in store and some items that will soon be listed. Here is a link to our current stock of Murano Glass figurines http://www.tias.com/14244/InventoryPage/2011116/1.html

1.  Murano Glass Chandeliers - Rezzonico, Classic, Floral, Fruit, Opaline, Clear, Ruby Red, Cobalt Blue, Wall sconces, Floor lamps, Table lamps and more
2.  Murano vases - item from Maestros Luca Vidal, Affro Celotto, Oscar Zanetti and Arnaldo Zanella.
3.  Murano Art Glass Plates including abstract Picasso style
4.  Murano Clocks and Mirrors
5.  Murano abstract sculptures, Bird figurines, Horse figurines, Fish figurines and 24 Carat gold leaf figurines that just have to be seen to be believed including Roman Chariots that would fit any scene in Ben Hur

Soon to be released - products from the worlds best Murano Glass furnaces including

1.  Venini Murano, and
2.  Salviati Murano

I GUARANTEE you all that you simply will not find a better or more diverse range of Murano Glass items anywhere on the web.  All our items are authentic and are signed and numbered by the artist and issued with a Certificate of Authenticity.  Please stop by and peruse our range and also offer your comments or suggestion or requests for a certain item if you have been struggling to find it.  We are always happy to help and would love everybody to share with us what is the best selection of Murano glass anywhere in the world.  Diversification and variety is our motto and our site certainly has delivered both.

With my best wishes

Dean
Managing Director
Rare Antiques and Vintage Collectables
Murano Chandeliers and Art Glass Australia
Dean
CEO and Owner

• Members
    • Australia
The largest Murano Glass store on the web
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 12:04:56 AM »
Hi everyone  :hi:

I woud like to let everyone know that our new Murano Glass superstore is now up and live! This will be the largest Murano glass collecting site on the web with the largest and most diverse range of products available. From Italian chandeliers, murano glass sculptures and figurines inlcuding fish, horses, calcedonio glass and more.  With 24 carat gold and crytsal figurines, Museum quality modern Murano blown glass pieces, Facon de Venise Murano, Glass clocks, mirrors, Art glass vases, Italian art glass plates and centrepieces, Murano wall sconces, floor lamps, table lamps and more - the range just goes on and on.  We will also have the full range of limited edition pieces of VENINI MURANO glass.  We have glass from Murano Maestros Afro Celotto, Luca Vidal, Oscar Zanetti and Arnaldo Zanella all with biographies of each artist. 

I am so excited about this website as you will not need to go anywhere else for your Murano collecting needs.

Here is the link to our new Murano glass superstore - www.murano-crystal-chandelier-italian-blown-art-glass.com

Thanks everyone and have a brilliant day whatever you are doing!
Dean
CEO and Owner

Offline Afro Celotto

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 08:03:30 PM »
Hi everybody,  I'm Afro Celotto,  the glass master. I would like to point that nothing I've to shae with Luca Vidal. I stopped working with Luca at beginning of 2009, and for several month I did not work. I opened a new studio, the Art Glass Studio in Murano,  and I'm actually working with my new assistant Fabio Follin. When I broke with Luca and Carlo, and I exit the Polychromy, no pieces made by me were available; so that,  pieces signed by Luca, or pieces made in 2009 or lar are not pieces I made. From Feb 2010, all pieces of my collection has a signature impressed into glass, not only the signature in the bottom part that can be easly imitated by everyone. To see exactly what is,  please take a look to my new video to the link  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lsz1Tq5xoo
My name has been registered,  so that I'll persecute all illegal and/or un-authorize use
My official web site is quite ready at the address www.afrocelotto.it,  and I'm also connected to Facebook, where people can know better my new art pieces.
Thank
Afro Celotto

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »
HI Everyone

I would like to clear up any confusion with regards to products I have listed for sale and apologise to Afro Celotto for this innocent oversite.  Whilst listing these products for sale, my staff have inadvertantly placed reference to Afro and his products by making reference to him in the product listing text.  This was in no way meant to be deceptive or misleading but an oversite none the less that will be rectified immediately. 

May I apologise to Afro Celotto, a truly great and world renowned Glass artist and any reference to him contained in products we sell will be removed immediately.

Thank you all and once again, my sincerest apologies to Afro for this innoncent oversite.

Dean Cato
Managing Director
Dean
CEO and Owner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum