No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help on studiolasi 1977 bird  (Read 4109 times)

Offline glasshunter

• Members
Help on studiolasi 1977 bird
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »
Thanks, Info on this  studiolasi 1977 bird is it good i cant find this company to read about it and learn. thanks a lot.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Help on studiolasi 1977 bird
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 05:50:18 AM »
"Lasi" is Finnish for glass so that should give you a clue. I don't know anything about the company but a Google search tells me that Nanny Still once worked for them. I wonder if studiolasi is connected with Riihimaen Lasi.  I don't think she designed birds, though. A picture of the piece would help.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »
I do not know much either, sorry. But what I find googling in the local language is this:

It seems Studiolasi Oy was founded 1977 when Riihimäen Lasi moved on to their so called "Kotilasi" era (only machine made mass production) so some of the big names of design apparently worked for Studiolasi after that for some time. Aimo Okkolin and Oiva Toikka mentioned too.

Studiolasi Oy still seems to exist. (In Kuortti, Pertunmaa, Finland) Here: http://preview.tinyurl.com/37loomy
and distribute hand made glass.

I found many kinds of birds made by them, also flowers and as the location by a main road is suitable for tourists to pop in, the items may be suitable for souveniers?

There seems to be a possibility for misunderstandings as some speak of "studiolasi" as a term for "lasi" (=glass) made in a "studio" meaning hand made glass. So all instances where the word is mentioned may not point to the actual company "Studiolasi Oy"

Offline glasshunter

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 02:53:59 AM »
Hi all, Great thanks a lot for all the help so far. Bart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand