No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help please with I. D of this murano bowl who is the maker?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline ryl2468

• Members
Hi there everyone.Would anyone out there know who is the maker of this bowl.I know this bowl has been crafted using two different techniques,Bullicante and Aventurine.Is this unusual or attributable to a certain maker.Please view photo number three for a clearer example of what I'm talking about.Thanks in advance.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Need help please with I. D of this murano bowl who is the maker?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 05:38:23 AM »
Nice bowl or ashtray, but not unusual. In fact, it would be more unusual to find a bullicante piece without some form of inclusion.

I don't think you could determine the maker of this piece reliably. Most Murano furnaces would produce something like this. Pieces like this are for us to enjoy without ever knowing their parentage. 

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline ryl2468

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 05:54:49 AM »
Hi there David.Thanks very much for your prompt reply.You are correct about the enjoyment aspect.Once again thanks very much.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »
It's not aventurine though; that's copper coloured. It's either silver or mica (silver looks more likely)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand