No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: whitefriars fakes?  (Read 6949 times)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: whitefriars fakes?
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »
LOL!  Have a look through this lot.............and another puffer vase in "aubergine". this definitely looks fake to me.  Apart from the pontil which he shows, there is an abundance of clear glass around the outside which is another pointer.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/g4glass/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A3133&rt=nc&_ipg=&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1

Offline scimiman

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »
Hows about sending him a link for this thread and see how he reacts????? >:D
Mike

Offline Cazza

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 04:01:39 PM »
I have been reporting his listings, not sure what will happen
Cazza

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »
In the case of the fake "green" it so happens it is a very good colour match for Whitefriars Meadow Green. 

Thank you Emmi, I had not realised that.

John

Offline robert1960

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »
I definitely think it's worth trying a SNAD - Item Significantly Not as Described, through Paypal
It may be that you'll need to find an expert to say it isn't what it was implied to be, there are plenty of dealers here who would be happy to help, myself included.
I wouldn't even go into the fact it doesn't actually say Whitefriars in the listing, it is in the category and was described in deliberate Whitefriars terms- Paypal aren't glass experts ;)

This seller needs to learn a lesson.

Offline Cazza

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 05:02:35 PM »
Hi Robert
I am waiting to hear from her will let her know of your offer. I also buy and sell glass but it would not be right from a friend I am no expert either.
Kind regards
Carol
Cazza

Offline robert1960

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »
Well, I'm not saying I'm an expert - but I'm a Power Seller & Top Rated seller who eBay 'know', so they might listen to me.
I'm happy to help in any way I can 

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 05:44:08 PM »
On past experience with PayPal regarding a "smashed to pieces" item, where the seller said that I had smashed it myself because I didn't like it .....LOL!......despite sending photos of the smashed item, I had to take to a dealer who had shop premises and headed notepaper to get a declaration from said professional dealer, saying it was smashed!!!  How stupid is that???

As the description of the item ( as follows)

I HAVE FOR SALE THIS DELIGHTFUL RETRO MEADOW GREEN COLOUR ONION PUFFER VASE IN PRISTINE CONDITION WITH NO DAMAGE, CRACKS, CHIPS OR STAINS. THIS HEAVY LITTLE VASE LOOKS STUNNING WHEN ON DISPLAY AND WILL MAKE A GREAT ADITTION TO ANYONE COLLECTING THESE FAB AND UNUSUAL VASES........

is ambiguous to say the least, I really do think it is unlikely they will look at it seriously....sorry to be negative.  Seller describes all his green things as Meadow Green, and on W/F.com several vases have been on the IS IT? section for ID, described as "onion" vases just because they are sort of onion shaped!

Having said that, though, as Robert says, he needs to be taught a lesson, and maybe an effort to get recompensed and the hassle involved to seller, may alleviate some of the pain .

Offline robert1960

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »
It's a bit hit and miss with Paypal Emmi, I would definitely have a try, and, as I've said, would be happy to help.
I would suggest firstly that it's in the Whitefriars category, a recognised Whitefriars style, and that 'MEADOW GREEN'  'ONION' & 'PUFFER VASE' are all recognised terms used to describe Whitefriars, and Whitefriars alone, and that it was pictured alongside genuine Whitefriars pieces. 

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »
I am aware of the inaccuracies & omissions in some of the listings but can I gently remind folks that this board has a policy about discussions of sellers and items for sale, and this topic is heading towards being pulled as in breach of it:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6521.0.html
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand