Author Topic: ISLE OF WIGHT PERFUME BOTTLE  (Read 759 times)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
ISLE OF WIGHT PERFUME BOTTLE
« on: August 28, 2010, 02:57:26 PM »
I know this is an Isle of Wight perfume bottle 'cos it says so on the label.  But can someone please give me a little more info on it.  Year of production? Decoration name? And anything else? I have been trying to find out through Google, but haven't come up with anything and couldn't find any IOW labels in the label gallery.  I note from ebay listings that there are various styles of label which possibly would date this, but having no idea, I can't!! >:(  It measures approximately 7.5 cms to top of stopper.

(http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/emmismith/Miscellaneous/IOWight1.jpg)

(http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/emmismith/Miscellaneous/IOWight2.jpg)

(http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/emmismith/Miscellaneous/IOWIGHT3.jpg) 

TIA  Emmi

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: ISLE OF WIGHT PERFUME BOTTLE
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »
Hi Emmi,
It's Black Ribbons, from the Ribbons, Lace, Silk & Satin collection, 1988-1993. This particular size was made in all of those years, but I see that you stll have the Design Centre Award label on it too, that's a very nice little "extra" to have. It's a popular design with collectors. Good find! :clap:
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 03:23:34 PM »
TIR Sue!  Was hoping you would be lurking.  Great info.  Couldn't resist it especially as in perfect condition too.   :hiclp:

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »
 :spls:
Me, lurking?
I should say the info is directly out of Mark Hill''s lovely book, "Michael Harris: Mdina Glass & Isle of Wight Studio Glass" .
I refer to it so often here, I really need a short cut, perhaps even an acronym-y thing to reference it. It takes ages to type it all out!
"MHMGIOWSG" hmmm. looks like the sound of a cat being strangled. Perhaps not!
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »
Thats a nice one Emmi to have the two labels is a bonus  , if its for sale a friend of mine is a major collector and may be interested . lol your stalker jp   I hope u r going to Chilford Vineyard , dont tell the others it is a major glassfair probably the best in the Universe .

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 02:55:43 PM »
This is a very popular design, produced for a limited period.
Pieces tend to do pretty well on ebay, particularly perfume bottles.
Cheers, Sue (M)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »
More labels in the gallery now Emmi.

I don't have any from the 1990s and later, there must be some about though.

John

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand