No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy Clear Cut Glass Vase ??? = Whitefriars C584  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Heavy Clear Cut Glass Vase ??? = Whitefriars C584
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:02:05 PM »
I've not quite got the hang of photographing clear glass yet, so these pics. are as good as they get for the time being :roll: unless anyone has any suggestions on how to take better ones :lol:
This is a really heavy cut glass vase with a very solid thick base.  It has 8 sides with polished roundels and vertical lines, and arch shapes at the bottom.  Flat base with no mark, but signs of wear - looks fairly old.   Just over 7.5" high and 2.5" at widest.  I thought may be an English maker or possibly Czech?  I don't normally like clear glass, but this one is interesting because of the design.  Any ideas on origin/age would be much appreciated.
Many thanks - Anne. :lol:
Anne E.B

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Heavy Clear Cut Glass Vase ???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 03:07:41 PM »
Mystery solved for the heavy crystal glass vase with polished roundels, vertical cuts and arches around the bottom.  Just spotted it on the Members' Gallery on the Whitefriars website - "hand cut lead crystal, Patt.C584 1964-80."  That was a bit of a surprise - would never have thought it was WF :P

Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand