No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large fantastic vase - ID = Libochovice (Feigl & Moravetz) # 3032  (Read 4628 times)

Offline 19glass75

• Members
Hi, I'm new to this forum and would love some help with these vases left to me! The clear one is 26cm high weight's around 2kg and has a name etched underneath. I can make out some letters i think but not all. It seems to be "tchecciss?????qe" but cant be sure. I've been trying to identify these vases for a long time and would be so grateful for your help. Regards

Mod: images reduced to fit on smaller screens, click each image to open larger versions

Offline dinklepip

• Members
Re: Hi!!! Need help with two large fantastic vases please. From new Guy
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:42:49 PM »
second vase looks kinda Sklo Union to me

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:46:56 PM »
Could it read tchecolslovaquie or something like that i believe i have too many letters .

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »
Hi and welcome !

Your clear white vase is in fact Tchecoslovaquie, Libochovice (Feigl & Moravetz) # 3032 - it came in three different heights 175, 200 and 255 mms.

NICE!  :sun:

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline 19glass75

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »
Cheers people, im no expert but i did think of Sklo myself. The second answer, is that a name for a glass company? If it is thats got to be it. Dont go off the ammount of question marks i put in the thread when you say " to many letters"

Offline 19glass75

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 08:05:07 PM »
Wow! Thanks, ive never heard of that company before. It has a really nice feel to it and as with most photo's it looks even better in the flesh! Oh yea, your right 255mm not 260mm like i said!

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:09:17 PM »
Yes, Libochovice (Leibowitz) hut around 1950 - ref. Marcus Newhall book SKLO UNION - Art before Industry

Sorry, can't help instantly with your blue vase, looks a little less old to me because of the straight shape.

Both are quality pieces!  :hi:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline 19glass75

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
Youve all been most helpful thank you. Just had a quick look at your website Pamela. I'll be going there again when ive got a bit more time, it looks fantastic!!!!

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board. Please post one item per topic rather than multiples - this helps us keep straight in what we're discussing and afterwards filing identified items into the proper place. If you will re-post the blue vase into a new topic I'll remove the details of it from this one.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 09:26:33 PM »
Cheers people, im no expert but i did think of Sklo myself.

Sklo just means glass; that's what this board is about...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand