No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large fantastic vase - ID = Libochovice (Feigl & Moravetz) # 3032  (Read 4626 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Hi!!! Need help with two large fantastic vases please. From new Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 11:46:37 AM »
Hi i just meant too many letters in my spelling of Tchecoslovaquie but it was early morning . :cry: ::) :sleep:

Offline 19glass75

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 07:24:56 PM »
Oh sorry about posting two topics. I'll remove the blue vase. Also i'd seen some Sklo Union Glass and thought it looked similar but thought Sklo was the name of the company. Didn't realise Sklo translated as Glass. So the company is called Union then? Seems quite a rare vase when ive looked round. Unfortunatly ive found a deep scratch which was very well hidden. I felt it before i spotted it. Is there anyway of repairing it? Thanks

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 07:54:37 PM »
Nope, Sklo Union was the name of a group of state-owned glass factories in Czechoslovakia. They all produced pressed glass, there's a full history of SU in Marcus' book referred to above, but to get you started have a read of his website here: http://www.sklounion.com/Sklo1.html

By the way, you can only edit your own posts for an hour after making them, so you won't be able to remove the blue vase pics without help from a Moderator, so I'll go do that for you now. If you'd like to repost them into a new topic we may be able to find out more. :thup:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline 19glass75

• Members
Re: Large fantastic vase - ID = Libochovice (Feigl & Moravetz) # 3032
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 09:16:07 PM »
Thanks very much!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum