Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Smoke-coloured decanter for id please - possibly Afors?

(1/2) > >>

Bernard C:

Please click on the image for further GlassGallery images and enlargements.
Any ideas?

Bernard C.  8)

Max:
That decanter is down as 'unidentified as yet' in a catalogue from Andy McConnell from one of his talks.  :)

Pinkspoons:
They're very common in the UK (one of my local charity shops has no less than two on their shelves), and are often mis-sold as Whitefriars 'Twilight' - but I seem to recall someone on here suggesting the possibility that they're Swedish, although I forget which factory.

Edit: Here we go - http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,22191.msg126045.html#msg126045 (the Afors/Gordon suggestion might be a little wishful thinking, given their charity shop / eBay frequency - but at least UK manufacture can be discounted).

Bernard C:
Max & Nic — Thanks for your speedy replies.   Like Andy By the Thames in the linked topic, I was sure that it was British when I bought it.

Mods:- please would you move this to the Scandinavian forum with a revised title:

Smoke-coloured decanter for id please, possibly Afors?
Hopefully that will sort out Graham Cooley's Afors suggestion one way or the other.

Bernard C.  8)

johnphilip:
The strange thing is that in the Harrow Museum in the WF/s cabinet there is a similar one but it has a handle coming from just under the lip to the top of the body other than that i believe the shape is the same . :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version