No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: This Vicke Lindstrand vase has no number. Help.  (Read 1762 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
This Vicke Lindstrand vase has no number. Help.
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:35:28 PM »
I have had this vase for some time.  It is labelled as shown in Photo 1.  No number.  It is very atypical for a Kosta vase - buit it is not at all Murano-like either so I think the scatch marking is probably valid.  Can anyone help with the range name and the approximate date.  It is unlikely to be a one-off since I would expect a 'Unik" to be on the base if that were so.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
Re: This Vicke Lindsrand vase has no number. Help.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
Can't help on the date I'm afraid, but I have seen a couple of bits signed just Kosta LH that definitely were Kosta.

I have quite a lot of Kosta colora and can vouch that the signatures can vary quite a lot; kosta, kosta unik, kosta unik and a number, kosta and a number.

I suspect it was a trial piece deemed good enough to sign (and presumably sell)

Gareth

Offline Daniel S

• Members
Re: This Vicke Lindstrand vase has no number. Help.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:38:40 AM »
I don't believe in this piece. The color and shape is not what I expect from a VL piece but I could be wrong ofcourse. The signature is mostly found in the middle, not along the edge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand