No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: bowl centre and plinth rquired  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
bowl centre and plinth rquired
« on: September 04, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »
Believe this remains unattributed on Pamela's 'Centrepiece' reference site  -  and when complete has a boy riding a goldfish/carp in the middle of the bowl - and a fluted/panelled black plinth.    As you can see, I have the bowl only, so if anyone has the correct U. boy on fish thingy, plus the correct plinth - I will be your friend for life (and pay the going rate of course). thanks for looking.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
Re: bowl centre and plinth rquired
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 01:50:14 AM »
Hi Paul

I think the maker is Mueller (Germany) as well as Czech. I have 2 complete sets in Uranium, and there's a size variation on both the figurine and also the bowl.

Cheers
Brenton

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 03:34:39 PM »
thanks Brenton  -  and I assume from your comments that the pattern is identical whether German or Czech.  Must admit to being ignorant of this particular bowl, as have never seen before - so am unaware that there is more than one size, which obviously important when trying to match up the three parts from different sources.   Shall be very grateful if, during the coming days, you might confirm which figurine will match the following bowl dimensions (my bowl of course).
For the underside:   outer dia. of inner ring is 87mm..........outer dia. of outer ring is 138mm.
For the inside of bowl:    inside dia. of inner ring is 115mm...........inside dia. of outer ring is 125mm.
maximum dia. of my bowl is 13"/330mm
If you don't have the time, it is really not important. :)
Presumably you have no wish to break your sets, so I will continue looking.    thanks again.      Paul S.

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:46:43 AM »
Hi again

Either one will fit on your bowl. The base measurement of the figurine is the same size, only different in height. As for the bowl, one is deeper than the other.....cheers..Brenton

Also, there's another version on this "leaf bowl" - refer pic attached.

The girl sitting on the turtle is my favourite. I'm hoping to find one in green and pink oneday :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »
Hi

I have just listed a green girl riding the turtle today on ebay I will add a new link for it shortly, I had to pay quite a high price for it but have started it for only a penny as extremely confident it will do well

Roy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand