No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta Bowl, signature/dating help needed.  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Catisfaction

• Members
Kosta Bowl, signature/dating help needed.
« on: September 04, 2010, 01:49:13 AM »
Hi all.

I have this lovely Kosta bowl, it is signed Kosta WH 5569. It measures 8 5/8" in diameter and is smoke grey in color.
Would anyone be able to help me with artist/date info? I've not been able to find anything on my own.

Thanks for any advise you can give.

Offline Daniel S

• Members
Re: Kosta Bowl, signature/dating help needed.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:35:28 AM »
Possible Wärff.

But it doesn't seem  ready, the bottom looks unpolished.

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:36:41 AM »
Another worry is the 4 digit numbering.  I have only ever seen 5 digit codes and this vase looks quite modern.  I suggest you email Kosta Boda USA and ask if someone recognises it.  They have been very helpful with identifying two pieces that were not in the three Kosta Boda books I have.  I actually asked Sweden and they passed me on to the USA.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:57:26 AM »
Look at older pieces and you will find plenty 4 digit numbers. Some times you find a 0 before ie 01234, these often only have Kosta in front, no designer initials and those were sale pieces. Things that were sold out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand