No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Message to Kane_u_pain  (Read 2601 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Message to Kane_u_pain
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:04:28 AM »
Sorry about this but I can't send messages for some unknown reason.

Kane I found a copy of Seguso Vetri D'Arte: Complete Catalogue Since 1933 by Marc Heiremans that I think you were looking for, for sale in Australia.

http://www.emporiumbooks.com.au/book-search/search.do?authorName=%22Marc%20Heiremans%22&txtQuery=%22Marc%20Heiremans%22&searchBy=author

It is not cheap at 169.95 + shipping but thought I would let you know as Amazon has it out of print.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Message to Kane_u_pain
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »
Thanks Ardy!!!... :hiclp: :thup: :chky:

Purchased... ;D

I can't wait for it to arrive!!! :wsh:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 09:46:08 AM »
Careful - a lot of online bookstores list books for sale that they've never had in stock. They just upload images/descriptions from some central catalogue without ever having seen a copy of the book, with the assumption that they can track it down from their supplier or the relevant publisher when the order comes in.

Because this leads to hundreds of thousands of item pages, it's impossible for them to sensibly track which books have gone out of print - or whose publication was pulled.

I hope I'm wrong in this instance, but given that none of the big stores like Amazon have ever carried it... and that Arnoldische have said that it won't be published until next year...

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »
Well if it goes to pot they will have to wrangle with the credit card company...so if it doesn't arrive I will get my money back...if it goes on backorder I will ask for the transaction to be reversed...I got insured shipping so it is trackable... ;D

If they don't have it...I will just have to wait another year...no biggie... ;D

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »
This happened to me last year with a very expensive book, but it was no hassle Amazon just refunded to my CC very quickly.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
Sometimes it is handy to be in Australia as things like this can sit on shelves for a long time without someone buying them.

Hope this is the case for you Kane.

regards
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:41 AM »
Well...bad news is they don't have a copy... :o

They did advise me though that the release date is December 2010?! Which is different to the date posted in the other thread of Spring/Autumn 2011!

I asked them if they could confirm if this December 2010 date is definite, but am yet to hear back from them...

Seems as though the date is not locked in yet... :huh:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 08:54:47 AM »
Amazon, etc, are all touting a Dec '10 date - I'm assuming Arnoldische have delayed publication for the umpteenth time and haven't told any of the retailers.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:48:09 AM »
Something like this happened to me recently when I was trying to get hold of the Benny Motzfeldt book - ordered it (new, which was a bit confusing) from Amazon, paid for it etc. then got an email saying they didn't have it.
However, I did searches using the ISBN (and had a good bit of help and encouragement from friends here about it) and found a newly listed second hand copy which I managed to buy through Amazon (not too sure how it worked, but it did) and I've got it now. :rah:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 09:14:28 PM »
Ooops! Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. :nogos:
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia