No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bull's Head mark - ID = Made in Taiwan  (Read 40050 times)

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
Re: Bull's Head mark - ID = Made in Taiwan
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 10:45:32 PM »
Delving around, there seems to be quite a few different designs made by this company, see here for a wine bottle, glass and plate

http://jueapp.com/g/500025646/white-satin-glass-brandywine-bottle-with-small-glass-plate-wbull-marking

I did find these two on a quick auction look,

Is this a similar set Anne?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pink-Frosted-Glass-5-PC-Dresser-Vanity-Set-Atomizer-Perfume-Imp-Bottle-Tray-/181728055152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4fd60f70

This second is possibly where the original Taiwan reference came from but no bulls head mark on that?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VTG-Art-Deco-SILVESTRI-Pressed-Frosted-Pink-Glass-Rose-Atomizer-Perfume-Bottle-/400811951677?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d5241063d

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 10:51:38 PM »
There are other satin glass perfume bottles on an ebay.ca search with the ¨Silvestri¨ label and ¨Made in Taiwan¨ label. Again, bu bulls head but possibly a reason for mistaken identity. I f only I could find one with both the bull and a label......Ah well, keep carrying on.

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 08:29:21 AM »
Possibly another Eureka moment - I saw these on ebay, again, and wrote to ask the seller if there was a mark to the base of a bull, they kindly answered telling me there is!! This lovely set carries the ¨Stiver, Italy¨ label.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151658249806?euid=555f33f7b78247cebe5e7fceb93624cc&cp=1

There are other ¨Stiver¨ satin glass pieces when searching on google.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 03:55:28 PM »
Ahhh now that's interesting, as the labelled perfume is definitely Stiver - I have seen various labelled examples of them but they never mention the bull's head mark on the base. The carafe set is mentioned in the other sale I found as being so marked but not labelled Stiver. So I wonder if this listing is a mix and match set?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 08:20:55 PM »
Looking at other threads already written about Stiver, Ivo seems the person who may know the possibilities. Stiver did make pressed glass with raised patterns, along with many other things and they appear to have made reincarnations of previous style periods.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 10:26:02 PM »
Yes they did, William. I thought I had a copy of a Stiver catalogue somewhere too but I can't find it. I'll keep rummaging! :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand