No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: An interesting glass artist from Japan producing lampwork buttons !  (Read 5342 times)

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
Re: An interesting glass artist from Japan producing lampwork buttons !
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 05:02:15 AM »
Again, I am impressed with your new button, Mike, and that you have contacted the artist!  It's very good to know she is planning to create some new buttons soon and hope she will give serious thought to mini-paperweights.  How does one display buttons such as these?  On a card or .... ?  Keep us posted on any new additions to your button collection.  :baby:

Because of this thread, I now have 'paperweight glass button' as a saved search in my eBay.  There are some interesting and fun buttons out there!

Lily  :hi: 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »
I too thought about mounting the buttons on a card and then framing the card under glass and hanging the button picture on the wall ! I would like to see a Japanese garment for which they are designed !

What really intrigues me is the tiny scale (which must be so much more difficult to produce)..... almost a glass 'netsuke' in button or mini paperweight form. Cheers, Mike.

Mike

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »
These could be entirely flameworked in which case she would not be equipped to make weights.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »
I hope this talented Japanese artist, Fujie Kawata, is safe!  I'm not sure where she lives in Japan, however, everyone in that country is affected in some way by this mega natural disaster.  My heart and prayers go out to them.

Lily

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand