No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ekenas Perfume Bottle  (Read 5087 times)

Connie

Ekenas Perfume Bottle
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »
Ivo - I tried the skapa ny diskussion button (that is the same one I tried before my last post).  I again tried using Firefox and then IE.

This is the error message I get:

Ej tillåtet - förbjuden IP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

På grund av tidigare missbruk får användare från din internetleverantör ej söka, läsa eller skicka e-postmeddelanden och andra bidrag till denna sida. Vi ber om överseende med detta.

Please contact Christina Öberg if this problem persists.

Tillbaka till föregående sida

I hope it is nothing personal  :lol:

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Ekenas Perfume Bottle
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 03:37:55 PM »
I read it as "for reason of previous abuse by a user of your internet provider you cannot search, read or send e-mail notices or other contributions to this site. We ask you to excuse us"

It seems your provider has an IP-ban!

So I think you cannot get at the discussions either?

Connie

Ekenas Perfume Bottle
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 03:51:40 PM »
No, I can read the posts.

I guess I will contact the person on the error message.  My IP is Time Warner RoadRunner, one of the largest high speed internet providers in the U.S.  :?

I just e-mailed Christina Oberg.  I'll see what happens.

Thank you for your assistance, Ivo.  I really appreciate it.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Ekenas Perfume Bottle
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 05:37:03 PM »
Hi Connie and all,
why not look into the kitchen? The shape and size say it could also be for oil and vinegar in a (perhaps metal) holder or a massive tray ?
Just an idea - Scandinavian glass is not my field as you know  :?  :)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Connie

Ekenas Perfume Bottle
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 06:04:27 PM »
Hi Pamela -

I suppose it could be a cruet for oil or vinegar but there is no spout so pouring would be messy.

In all my searches for Ekenas glass they only items I can find are vases or paperweights  :?

I have added 2 more photos to my initial link.  I tried to capture the streaky glass with the fine bubbles.  Today I have time to take a photo but it is overcast and cloudy.  Yesterday when I was rushed the sunlight was bright in the afternoon, reflecting off the snow and pouring in my dining room window :cry:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand