No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Carlo Moretti? confirmation on shape needed please.  (Read 1930 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Carlo Moretti? confirmation on shape needed please.
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
I bought this vase today and I am pretty certain it must be Carlo Moretti.  (vase on left in picture).  It matches my pencil neck vase colour wise exactly, the finish is the same and the rim is ground not polished and very minutely bevelled at the edge.  So a very nicely finished piece either way.  It is 24.5 cm high and the rim is 11cm across with the base width being slightly narrower at 10cm.  I've photographed the base next to a cheap purple one just for comparison.  The base of this green one is completely flat and beautifully finished.
I now have plenty of books  :hiclp: but none of them the right ones for this   :cry: so if anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.
many thanks in advance   :)

m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Carlo Moretti? confirmation on shape needed please.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 04:01:39 PM »
Apologies, not a deliberate bump but perhaps it could be moved the Murano section?

Many thanks
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »
On much further searching I found another vase , different shape/colour but base looked remarkably similar as did satinato finish and rim - it was labelled as Aureliano Toso.  They do make a modern lamp in the same shape as my vase.  I wonder..... ???:-\
any thoughts anyone?  Does anyone know if Aureliano toso would have made a vase without polishing the rim?  I feel pretty certain this is a quality piece of glass.
Many thanks
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
I thought it would be helpful to know that I received a lovely reply from Giovanni Moretti about this vase.  He said it isn't a Carlo Moretti vase because the interior is not opaque.
So....I wonder who it can be?
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand