No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: British Glass Biennale 2010  (Read 1235 times)

Offline henry2

• Members
British Glass Biennale 2010
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »
A few days ago I went along to the Ruskin Mill Glass Centre in Stourbridge to view the exhibits in the British Glass Biennale. Did any Glass Messageboard members go too? If so, what did they think of the exhibition and the winning entry?

Offline keith

• Members
Re: British Glass Biennale 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:11:46 PM »
I thought I was the only one,the Ruskin centre was great but can't say I was to impressed with the main display(or the prices) I preferred the smaller 'stalls' showing studio,engraved and etched pieces afraid I didn't get to see the winning entry,oh and the Enville ale was very nice :cheers:

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
Re: British Glass Biennale 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »
I didn't go myself but I heard there was a certain amount of controversy about the winner.

The Glass Association is seeking people's views so if you have something to say about it, they'd like to hear it.
Julie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand