No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tall blue vase with large pontil and planed edges  (Read 2115 times)

Offline 19glass75

• Members
Tall blue vase with large pontil and planed edges
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:36:30 PM »
Hi, this is the second time ive posted for help with this vase. The first time i posted it with a Sklo Union vase which everyone was very helpful with. I was informed by the moderater to try and keep things separate as not to confuse things, so here it is again.
Its a cracker in my opinion! It is 36.5cm tall and weights around 1.5kg. The thickness at the rim varies between 11mm and 9mm and it has a large pontil. Around the outside of the vase has a look as if it was planed off to give those un even flat edges. I just think the colour is fantastic in the light as seems to have different tones of blues and some greens. Any help would be great. Thanks

The Green Mod: large images reduced to fit on smaller screens. Click images to see larger versions

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Tall blue vase with large pontil and planed edges
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »
I recall seeing something very similar - and signed - earlier in the year, with gradiated colours rather than just blue, although the signed name escapes me.

I think it might have been a lesser-known British studio glass artist... but don't quote me on that!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline 19glass75

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »
Thanks for the response. It may come too you. Im sure this one isnt signed.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
Possibly Dartington studio they have a sticker , it looks a bit like some of theirs .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand