No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with sig on paperweight ?  (Read 2676 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Help with sig on paperweight ?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 05:34:01 PM »
Hi there -

silly, silly (silly) guess here -- but could the first word be " Maestro " Something.  Aren't glass makers know as that, and could the last word be his name.

~~ This is OF COURSE, just a guess here.......maybe I am just seeing things here..  8)

This (may??) be something or nothing as I can not find an example of his signature on this Link, but it does talk about a MAESTRO Daniel VARGAS that has been blowing glass for over 4 decades

http://www.dynamicdecor.com/pages/blown-glass-art.htm

??? It also states there (quoted from the above link):  " SIGNED BY THE ARTIST, MAESTRO DANIEL VARGAS"

But not sure IF he used Maestro, or signed it Maestro Vargas.....So just throwing that out to you folks, as I can not find an example right now to see IF he used the word Maestro, so ?????????????????????????

Just thinking out loud here.......Duh

Also -- Just throwing this out there too......I found that some of the YSART people had their names changed, but since I know nothing about Ysart Glass...could this be a Possibilty at all.

As I found a MORENO ISART -- Glass blower that name was changed to Ysart.... so this is a real ????? for me as I nothing nothing about it, but throwing *thoughts* around...

http://www.ysartglass.com/Ysart/YGpeople.htm

:huh: :huh:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 05:45:06 PM »
amazing work Rose..i will keep searching for an example of his sig to compare..

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »
Also -- Just throwing this out there too......I found that some of the YSART people had their names changed, but since I know nothing about Ysart Glass...could this be a Possibilty at all.

As I found a MORENO ISART -- Glass blower that name was changed to Ysart.... so this is a real ????? for me as I nothing nothing about it, but throwing *thoughts* around...

http://www.ysartglass.com/Ysart/YGpeople.htm

As I said earlier, this item has nothing to do with the Ysart men (as detailed in Frank's Ysart Glass web pages). It was true that when the family moved to Scotland (in 1915), the imigration authorities made them Anglicise their names, such that "Isart" became "Ysart", "Pablo" became "Paul" and so forth. Moreno was Paul's (Pablo's) maternal family name and in keeping with standard practice, "Moreno" was the second given name of the children.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand