No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: murano bird any idea of maker please?  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Cazza

• Members
murano bird any idea of maker please?
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:22:44 AM »
Any help most appreciated, lovely murano bird, does anyone know the maker please.
Cazza

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: murano bird any idea of maker please?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 02:54:06 AM »
I am having a hard time committing to a definite answer for this one. The length of the tail, the colors, and the head make me think Archimede Seguso. So many companies did ducks/geese in this pose, though, it is hard to say for sure. I hope someone else can confirm (or deny).
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:04:48 AM »
After writing the first message, I looked at a few Barbini ducks. None of them had their head bent, but they were so similar to yours in the tail and feet. Sorry to confuse, but there is an equally good chance your goose is Barbini. (I better not look at any more birds tonight, or I'll probably be mentioning all the Murano companies. Maybe we'll run into your exact bird.)
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Cazza

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 06:17:28 AM »
Hi Anita
 I looked around the internet and thought Barbini, but as am not an expert and do not have Murano books, thought I had better get a better opinion. It was the tails and mainly the feet that made me think Barbini. Thank you for looking for me.
Carol
Cazza

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand