Author Topic: Green millefiori dish for id  (Read 1159 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: Green millefiori dish for id
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 02:09:55 PM »
 :-[

Apologies, Kev. I'm afraid after the fantastic talk you gave at the last Scottish Glass Conference, that's how I see you! I am aware though, that your field is in Scottish canes, and that it IS a massive field to cover, and that nobody could ever hope to cover it all - but you're still the best  I know of. :-*
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline redlabman

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:37 PM »
A big thanks to everyone who tried to id the millefiori dish.
After having another closer look at the canes I can see a circular edge to them as if the encasing clear glass isn't the same composition as the clear glass of the canes themselves.
Would this fit in with the idea that the canes are Murano but sold to another,as yet unknown,maker?
Chris

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 06:19:13 AM »

That is certainly possible - Murano canes are sold in Murano (and elsewhere) in whatever quantities one wishes.

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand