Author Topic: worthless but gorgeous (imho - I know...beauty is in the eye of and all that)  (Read 1378 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
chipped in two places on the rim, with additional fleabites but oh my, I just absolutely love this vase.  I'm on a no spending spree  ;D but since it only cost me 20p....
I can't stop staring at it.  Satin finish with a slight iridescent sheen the colours are my all time favourites.
I'm always amazed these look so delicate but are quite substantial glass. 
m

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • ALAVNA Vintage & Collectable Glass
20p...? Crikey you can't even buy a bag of chips for that! :) Bargain I say!

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Seattle WA U.S.A.
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Great Czech piece.... Fabulous color combo.....

Craig

I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline ahremck

• Members
All you need is one of those nice pressed metal flower holders of the right size and , voila, no chips to be seen!!!!!

I too love the bright colours

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • gardenwithindoors
please, where do you buy *anything* for 20p? charity shops in London are ridiculously over-priced and I have no idea of any decent car boot sales
Julie

Offline glasseyed

• Members
Love it :rah:

I'm glad you rescued it  ;D

Hazel

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
 :thup: :hiclp: Beautiful....very nice.  Great shopper, and Good eye.  Czech Right??

I am  :mrgreen: with envy
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline yesvil

• Members
please, where do you buy *anything* for 20p? charity shops in London are ridiculously over-priced and I have no idea of any decent car boot sales

I know what you mean about charity shops but I guess we are not their ideal customer and I like to think that their high prices do good.

If you want some bargains get out of town at the weekend, I could direct you to loads of car-boots in Northants, Beds, & Herts where 20p is Normal but remember to get those best pieces you have to get there for 6am!

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
glad you all like it   

I have a grill for it as well, but I like it without, despite it's chips (Anne lol, 20p wont get you a bag, it'll only buy you three or four chips in this instance ;D)

I love the fact that it is old yet has such fab colours - whoever decided to use those colours was truly individual and ahead of their time as it were.
ju1i3, I have to be honest I never see things for 20p, it isn't commonplace down here certainly.  I also really see very little coloured glass any more, mostly pressed pieces which I don't collect, so it's not too difficult maintaining my no spending thing at the mo :)

m

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Seattle WA U.S.A.
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Where are you located??

The color combination is quite unique and falls in line with the palette of colors I am finding that Welz used...  Here is an example in a different decor that is similarly stark in color contrast....  The blue is not as translucent as your piece, but the color palette is the same....  and as an overall I have found many pieces of their production I have identified to be similarly interesting color combinations.

Would it be OK if I catalog your image and possibly use it on the website we are building if I can link it to Welz for sure?

Do you think the grill you have is original to the piece, or a replacement?

Craig

I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com