No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Goblet with Face Any Ideas??  (Read 3012 times)

Offline suzi99

• Members
Large Goblet with Face Any Ideas??
« on: December 18, 2005, 06:02:05 AM »
Hi I have 2 of these heavy glass goblets & was wondering if anyone has any ideas of their origin.  They both have an impression of a face on them.  Sorry about the pics as they're not great.
[/img]

Mod: The images from this post have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:52:11 PM »
This looks familiar, can't quite place it though. On another site somewhere, I was thinking to myself, that looks odd for that company to make that. I can't remember the company but, Riihimaki springs to mind.

Why? I don't know it looks nothing like Riihimaki. Lets face it, I could be halucinating again. I wouldn't want to lose face either, so no, i don't think it is.

On the face of it, I haven't got a clue. Perhaps it is faceless, though, it isn't if you know what I mean.  :lol:

Thought I might bump this one up a little with some annoying jokes to boot.  :oops:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »
face looks Björn Wijnblad'ish
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline suzi99

• Members
re link
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 09:09:40 PM »
I'm having trouble finding anything the same via that link, could you do me another link that takes me straight to the glass you mentiion please.

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 09:54:18 PM »
Suzi
Pamela is just commenting on the style.
You will need to find examples for yourself.
The website under Pamela's name is her own website and the line above indicates that it's just part of her "signature".
Pete

Offline suzi99

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 10:01:19 PM »
Thanks I thought it was a link to similar glass :oops:

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 07:45:45 AM »
It is awfully familiar - I would guess Bengt Edenfalk for Skruf but unable to find a proper reference right now.

Offline suzi99

• Members
Thanks I'll keep on looking
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 10:34:37 AM »
Thanks Ivo I'll keep searching around.  I'm sure I have seen this glass before too but cant for the life of me think where

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 01:48:00 AM »
I knew I'd seen something like it before.
http://whitefriarsorg.org/mf/index.php?showtopic=4

Probably not Dartington but you never know.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline suzi99

• Members
mmmm
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 03:42:54 AM »
mmm very similar you could be onto something thanks I'll keep searching around  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand