Author Topic: Fabulous, rare piece of Strathearn.  (Read 408 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Fabulous, rare piece of Strathearn.
« on: September 20, 2010, 01:10:41 PM »
Hi everybody, I met the owner of this beautiful vase yesterday, Brian Wallace-King, and he very kindly sent me this image with permission to post it here. He believes it was one of only 7 or 8 made.
It's somewhere in the backlog of things Frank's struggling to keep on top of along with everything else he has to do right now, images have been given to Scotland's Glass.

As the image arrived in a small (79 kb) format I'm having a go at putting it straight here.

The surface of the vase is textured with the millifiori, sticking out roughly.
Sadly, it has a crack, but I'm still in with first dibs if he ever decides to sell! >:D
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Fabulous, rare piece of Strathearn.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:09:32 PM »
wow!  What an unusual piece!  It'd be nice to have a close-up when you can get it.   :D
I am not a man

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »
I'm afraid that's all I have, Max. Brian works in a local antique Village place near here, though I don't think I've met him before - he's retired, but keeping busy and interested in things.
We got blethering (as glassy folk do!) and he very kindly sent me this image after I asked for it.
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
It is his collection that I mentioned in the other thread, a very exciting lot.
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
ooh I love that.  It looks like someone got all the best dolly mixtures and beaded licquorice allsorts and carefully made them into a vase - gorgeous colours.

m

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com