No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Interesting Acorn Shaped Lidded Jar  (Read 1992 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Interesting Acorn Shaped Lidded Jar
« on: July 29, 2006, 12:22:16 AM »
Here's today's treasure.  Any thoughts as to who designed and produced it and when?
Thanks,
Charles.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 01:35:05 AM »
By the label, Seguso!
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline horochar

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 03:54:15 AM »
Thanks Javier.  Right, now I see the sticker in the label index at the back of my Heireman's "Murano Glass - Themes & Variations."  Indicates this sticker was used for mass produced export items.    :cry:  I dunno, but the piece seems better than that.  One thing that bugs me a bit is the lid is loose, not snug.  I can't imagine it's a mismatch, top and bottom from different pieces from a series of graduated jars.  Of course any information is always appreciated.  Also, I'm still wondering when it might have been produced.  I can't place it stylistically in a particular period.

Offline chuggy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 09:18:32 AM »
It's the powder jar from a Seguso dressing table set made in the 1960's would have had a perfume atomiser, probably a perfume flask and another jar in the set.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand